Business Development Manager Position
Inductosense is a fast-growing, dynamic young business based in Bristol. We have an aggressive development plan to grow the business and we are now looking for an additional business development manager to focus on our overseas opportunities.
Inductosense provides novel wireless, battery-free permanently installed sensors, systems and analytics for non-destructive testing. Our technology can be used for monitoring corrosion, erosion or defects within structures without human error and reducing the time and costs associated with conventional inspection.
Role & Responsibilities
The candidate will be instrumental in developing new and existing sales channels in targeted international territories. The successful candidate will have credibility in a B2B role and be able to support new channel partners as they develop their direct sales capability.
The role will involve:
- Developing and maintaining relationships with service providers and operators in the Oil & Gas, Chemical and Power Industries
- Leading commercial negotiations in line with agreed parameters
- Building the business’s brand to generate high quality leads
- Actively identifying new international opportunities
- Putting together proposals, negotiating and closing contracts
- Account/Project management of high value contracts
- Support to and leadership of marketing activities including attending tradeshows, conferences and events
- Contributing to market analysis (competitor analysis and the customer input to R&D)
- Creating and executing capture plans for key opportunities
The successful candidates will have:
- Directly relevant industry experience and a network of contacts (mandatory)
- A University degree in Engineering/Physics/Materials Science (desirable)
- Experience with non-destructive testing techniques (desirable)
- Excellent communication skills (mandatory)
- Strong customer focus (mandatory)
- The ability to sell to all levels in an organisation
- The ability to work to targets and close deals
- A willingness to and experience in travelling internationally regularly for customer visits and tradeshows likely to be equivalent to 50% of working time
- The right to live and work in the UK (mandatory)
- Experience in Solution Selling™ or Strategic Selling™ methodologies (desirable)
- Experience of ISO9001
Workplace & working hours: The business is based in Bristol, UK. Ideally the candidates place of work would be Bristol although remote working may be considered.
Salary: £45k-£60k (depending upon experience and qualification) plus a sales related bonus. Package includes 25 days holiday, flexible working arrangements and a 5% company pension contribution.
To apply: Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org