As a result of significant growth in sales and with additional investment from Aramco Ventures earlier this year we are scaling up the team. This is a very exciting time to join the company!
We are looking for a Commercial Director to lead the commercial activities within the company. This is a hands-on, dynamic role, based in Bristol, UK working alongside the CEO and CTO to drive growth of the company. The role will include:
• Delivery of sales growth across multiple industries (primarily Oil&Gas but also in Chemical, Mining, Nuclear and Renewables)
• Communicating on a technical level to end users (such as asset integrity managers and inspection engineers)
• Leading negotiations and management of the contract process
• Creating and developing a robust growth strategy
• Developing and maintaining relationships with service providers and operators
• Maintaining and developing organisational culture, values and reputation in our markets and with all staff, customers and suppliers
• Implementing a subscription-based business model
• Travelling to customers internationally on a frequent basis
The ideal candidate will:
• be a 'hands on' commercially focused leader with a strong track record of scaling a tech start-up internationally
• have a well established network in the Oil&Gas industry at a senior level
• have an engineering background and experience of working for a product-based SME
• have experience of closing sales and contract negotiation
• have board level experience in a tech start-up
• have a good understanding of corrosion monitoring technology
• have a desire to grow and scale a tech start-up with significant potential
• have experience of SAAS business models
• be able to travel frequently
• be able to commute to a head office in Bristol and eligible to work in the UK
Competitive package, flexible working, private health care, company pension
We design and manufacture sensing technology to monitor corrosion which helps our clients to save costs, reduce unplanned shutdown, meet net zero targets and migrate to a fully digitised solution. Our core technology is based around patented embeddable, wireless, battery-free sensors and we have a full range of digital data collection solutions including IoT and robotics. The unique advantages of the technology also enable us to work with OEMs to integrate our technology into products during manufacture.
Since we spun out of the University of Bristol in 2015 we have been on a journey of product development, certification and trialling the technology with major companies globally. The Inductosense WAND technology has now been approved by some of the largest companies in the world, including Saudi Aramco, and our clients are now deploying our technology at scale.