The WAND Remote Data Collector (WAND-RDC) system is a wireless thickness monitoring solution for pipework and vessels that is based on around our WAND passive sensor technology.
The WAND-RDC utilizes long range Bluetooth5 to enable wireless monitoring at up to 200m away without the hassle of setting up a network. The system is designed to work with sensors embedded underneath coatings and insulation. There are 3 key elements:
Ultrasonic thickness sensors
Ultrasonic thickness sensors that are permanently installed to the surface of pipework and vessels using adhesive.
• Battery-free - wirelessly activated
• Ultrathin: easily embeddable & lightweight
• RFID tagged
• ATEX/IECEx certified (ATEX: Ex ia IIC T4...T3 Ga)
Remote data collector
Battery powered remote monitoring device designed to work with the TMS sensors. The WAND-RDC will acquire thickness readings automatically from the sensors at pre-defined intervals or on demand (configured wirelessly)
• 5 year battery life
• Bluetooth5 enabled, up to 200m wireless range (line of sight)
• Collects data from up to 8 installed sensors using reader pads
• ATEX Zone 0 - certification pending
Data management software
Cloud based software for remote management of the data collected from the sensors
• Configure WAND-RDC
• Undertake live readings and scheduling
• Analyse ultrasonic A-scans and determine corrosion/erosion rates
• Export raw data and reports
How it works
The WAND-RDC is based on the same WAND principle of inductive coupling to passive, battery-free ultrasonic embeddable sensors. The device uses coupling pads to wirelessly connect to underlying sensors. Up to 8 sensors can be used with a WAND-RDC unit. The thickness measurement data from the sensors is collected automatically by the device and can then wireless transferred to a tablet by Bluetooth5 at a distance of up to 200m away.
We provide accessories to complement the WAND system. These have been designed to help overcome access issues: